I have worked as a video editor and youtube manager for more than 1 year. I have been working with different clients from Russia, Ukraine and the USA. There were various channel categories: such as “asmr”, online store / fashion, interview and bloggers.
For some of them I have been helping not only with editing, but with optimising channels and shooting the videos.
- The first and the main thing you should know is that everything is possible. Don’t be afraid to discuss every step you want to follow. My advice is also to make a video call and discuss everything about the company and project face to face, as you can connect easier when you can see each other’s faces.
- The second one is to prepare everything you want after a discussion on online documents. It’s better to use something like google drive. It’s very helpful because you can see every change and the ‘old version’ of your documents. You should also plan and organise everything by yourself because sometimes clients don’t push you and they just want you to do all the work.
- The third step is competitor monitoring and analysing what your client has already done before.
- The fourth step is for optimising a channel. Asking for permission would be better than asking for passwords.
- The next step is to write ideas or even a scenario. After asking for requirements or wishes you should take ideas from competitors and then write your own ideas with examples, step by step with references and screenshots.
Self organisation is very important, especially if you work from home. You also should be online for a chat with the clients every day or in time what you discuss before. For me, it’s better to write almost every day to my clients and always show my progress, ideas, and suggestions. It’s helping to be more loyal and confident.
By the way, if you are interested in my experience in working with such categories as ASMR and online stores, let me know. I can tell you in the next video more information about it.
I wanted to tell you that everything in such work is possible and you can help to shoot videos remotely as I do.